Monday, August 30, 2010

A Royal Mess!

I made a huge mess, but I redid the princess charm. This time, I remembered to seal the picture before putting it under glass!

Photobucket

Soldering is fun but messy. And the flux smells. Ugh. Collage work is pretty messy, too. I had to clean up a lot of glitter and ModPodge that got all over my workspace!

I made another princess charm- I found a book of scrapbook paper with a fairy tale theme, including crowns, and cut the photo of the girl to fit. Then I added glitter to the roses in her hands, and gold ink around the edges. It gives it an even more vintage look!

Photobucket

This one is pretty big, 2x2 inches.

I put dried flowers on the back of both pieces:

Photobucket

I'm going to put away the soldering iron for a while, and work on plain old beads and charms. I need to get a new tip for the iron before I can do more soldering, anyway!

No comments: