Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oooooops!

I'm still trying to master the art of soldering! My charms are starting to look better, but I keep forgetting to do one important thing- Seal the pictures with decoupage gel. This is what happended to one project:

Photobucket

This is a definite do-over- I love the little girl's expression! The flux leaked through the tape and discolored the photo badly. The reverse of the charm turned out all right:

Photobucket

More examples of what happens when paper or other items aren't sealed:

Photobucket

The daisy is supposed to be white!

Again, the other sides of these charms turned out okay:

Photobucket

Somehow these next two pendants didn't get flux under the glass.

#1, front and back:

Photobucket

Photobucket

#2, front and back:

Photobucket

Photobucket

At least I'm not burning the papers now.

All of the images are from lunagirl.com. Some of them needed some cleverly placed flowers and glitter. ;) I love old photos.

I'm trying to get the hang of soldering jump rings...I'm not doing it very well.

No comments: