Sunday, January 25, 2009

How charming!

I had a bit of a shopping spree at Michaels on Friday. I bought a whole bunch of great things!

Charms! Lots of charms! The keys are for a charm necklace I'm planning. It will have glass hearts.


Travel charms for bracelets. The New York charms are for my sister (we grew up there), the London ones for me. My dream is to take a long trip to England...


Blown glass beads- they look delicate, but are actually pretty strong. They don't break easily. Also: a millefiore heart and a cute pendant from Manor House.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millefiore



Semi-precious gemstone beads. Aventurine, agate, fluorite, "fancy" jasper, and amethyst. My mother has an account with Fire Mountain Gems, so she's ordered some freshwater pearls, peridot, and citrine beads for me! I can make some terrific jewlery with this stuff.


Finally, a finished project! I found the yellow lampworked beads at A.C. Moore (Beyond Beautiful brand). The seed beads are from Blue Moon. This project took me three nights to finish. The hardest part was stringing the seed beads. There are 16 total strands! I made loose braids with the strands.
















No comments: